Yesterday Pelucha was sleeping on the back step when suddenly I heard this big kerfuffle and looked over just in time to see her hind end streaking around the corner. I checked the side of the house and found her with a poor little iguana whose back appeared to be broken. I was not sure if he was dead or alive so I poked him with a stick; he moved. I called her away and as she paced back and forth he would raise his head up if she wasn't looking but as soon as she looked he would lower it again. My conclusion was that he was foxing. She got bored and moved off to sleep in the portico. The next time I looked out the little beggar was gone!
Look how twisted he is laying there isn't he pathetic? The gardener says that they are laying eggs at this time of year and so are thin and pliable. I didn't know they could play dead.....learn something new every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment