They started on my water feature this week. I will have everything in place to finish it when I come back next year but doubt that they will have time to complete it this year.
Basically the shape is a rectangle with rounded corners. It is about 4" shorter than the back wall. It will be filled with dirt and then I will have them build the little pond.
The highlight of the pond will be this fiberglass angel. He will sit elevated out of the water in the back corner on the right hand side. I drilled a hole for the tube to discharge below his knee. The shell will then fill with water and overflow onto a very shallow part filled with little stones. From there the water will fall into a sump. The pump will be buried in the sump under a pile of small stones. At the bottom of the sump I am going to put a sink drain so that when I leave for the summer I can remove the angel and drain the pond so that it doesn't fill with water. You are not allowed to have standing water here and there are agents that come by and check every house from time to time for standing water, that is part of their plan to keep the mosquito population under control and the locals are very compliant. I have to say the plan works well I saw my first mosquito for the year last night.
The angel is very sturdy and hopefully will last a long time if he is not left out in the rainy season. He will be bolted down to discourage him from spreading his wings and flying off because angels can do that you know.
1 comment:
It will be lovely, I can hardly wait to see it completed. Also very handy to have an angel watching over you.
Post a Comment