If I put out some fruit on the post by the bird feeder in the early morning or late afternoon I will get many interested parties coming to partake of the bounty. I took all of these pictures from inside the house with my new amazing Canon camera with it's 50x optical zoom.
This guy above is a palm tanager. He just landed on the post and is checking to see if it is safe to proceed.This guy is new to me this year and is the first time I have seen him. My bird book identified him as a Buff Throated Saltator. He is a type of finch but quite large.
Below is the Red Rumped Tananger and above 2 of his girlfriends fighting over the food. Behind them is the Palm Tanager trying to mind his own business.
Another of the Red Rumped Tananger girls. They are so cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment