Sunday, March 23, 2008

Boo Hoo! Harry Has Gone


The bad news is Harry has now left, the good news is that the purple martins are still here and birds and flowers and butterflies make me happy. I'm back at the house by myself. I dropped Harry off at the airport and now I am really alone. Feels kinda wierd, but I am sure I will adjust in a few days. I am really glad that he came with me and has been here to help me get everything sorted out. It would have been much more of a challenge to do it alone. If it appears that it may be another 6 weeks before we can start much in the line of construction, I may even head home for a spell. I will know more later in the week when I have met with the architect again what the timeline for permits etc. will be. After I dropped him off I drove around and around in the downtown area to sort it out. I get very confused down there with all the one ways and lack of street signs and the fact that not all the blocks are square, some streets go off at an angle. I think I got it sorted out and have made myself a map of sorts. By the time I leave here I will be able to drive taxi.

I have to go and renew my tourist visa tomorrow as it expires on Tuesday. Then I must go square up with the lawyer and in the afternoon Aroldo, my little Spanish friend is going to spend a few hours with me teaching me some Spanish. I will drag him with me to get my drivers license. I heard a rumor that now you have to go to Panama City to have your existing license 'authenticated'. I hope that was just a rumor. You do have to have a blood test I know that - they are looking for diabetes. Just one more hoop that I get to jump through. Our truck should come from Panama City tomorrow that will give me something too look forward to. It's cooling off, think I'll take myself for a little walk....later....Rose

No comments: