No real news today, except that we went to light the oven to cook something and the thing almost blew us up. The bottom of the oven came flying up and hit the rack when it exploded. Flames blew out from all directions and Harry singed hairs. I am not sure where but I could smell them burning. Me thinks I won't be making much banana bread.
Today I am posting pictures of the woodworkers shop and the door I we bought. The door is not finished, it will be sanded and stained with the design just a shade darker than the rest of the door. I think it will be the door into the study as it is not the right size for the front door. This is the solid oak door which he is soaking us $450 for. I didn't want to take pictures inside the shop but there is just minimal equipment in there a small table saw, planer, etc and tons of wood chips. Those are wood chips in the bags outside and one of the guys outside is sanding with a palm sander. I have no idea how they build such beautiful things. Note the wood drying outside in the sun. I guess if it rains it just gets wet on the outside and then dries as soon as the sun comes out.
Tomorrow is Good Friday and there were thousands of people streaming past our house at the back on the main road. Apparently they make a pilgrimage to a local church, we are not quite sure why but near as we can figure out it has to do with if you had prayers answered during the year then you go on foot but what you do when you get there we are not sure. It is a Catholic church and there must have been a lot of prayers answered this year is all I can say.
It rained earlier and was cool, we had an enjoyable walk tonight and a BIG toad was waiting on our step when we go home. He is not a family member, but I do have a pet gecko, Jose, that lives in the house. Last night he was chirping a lot so I looked and he scampered from behind one curtain over to the other. I saw him the first time I came here in November and he is still here. He must be doing a good job of bug catching as there are no bugs in the house to speak of yet, just the odd little spider which I kill as soon as I spot one. I find it odd that there as so few bugs. The worst are the no-see-ums which hide in the grass in the evening, so we stay out of the grass at dusk, they really like to bite your ankles. Bed time....Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment