Our plans went out to the plumbing and electrical today and I will be able to review those on Tuesday. Then they will be sent out for permits which, I am told, will take 2 weeks. The steel will be ordered today and they can start bending it next week. It takes about 3 weeks to bend the steel so, by the time we have the permits they should be ready to start work. When the lot is resurveyed they can dig the trenches for the footings. Finally it is all starting to come together.
I am meeting 3 times a week with my Spanish teacher and it is slowly starting to add up. I am afraid that I will never be fluent, but will be happy to be able to get the jist of a conversation. I figured out today that the lady at the accessory store was telling the salesman that my box topper would be painted on Saturday and ready to install on Monday or Tuesday. They were surprised that I knew what they were talking about. I am forcing myself to listen to Spanish radio in the car and try to concentrate on the words. It teaches me to listen for key words in a conversation. I will publish this now and post a picture later. In the meantime I will attach a picture of the big toad (I believe he is a cane toad) that was on our step the other night when we got home. I think maybe he is Harry come back to keep an eye on me. Do you see any resemblance?...Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment