Monday, March 31, 2008

Way to Give an Old Lady a Heart Attack!!

Sorry, no picture for this one cause it weren't pretty. I bout near had the big one last night. Petty theft is a problem in this part of the world, hence the bars on the windows and the wrought iron gates and fences etc. I live in a pretty good neighbour hood and so I am not afraid to stay alone. Besides that, the thieves are after your TV etc. not you. Anyhow, on with the story.

I got up at 3:30 to hit the bathroom. Just as I was finished, sitting there naked in the dark (I told you it weren't pretty) there was this huge crash of breaking glass and it came from my house, not the neighbours. Either I was too stupid to be scared or I instantly realized that if someone had broken some glass they were still on the outside, not the inside. I leapt off of my perch and into the hall and yelled HEY! All was quiet so I peeked into the living room. All the windows were intact. Then I peeked into the second bedroom. Ditto there. Then into the kitchen, no broken glass here. OK that leaves my bedroom. Back I went into the bedroom. Again it looked alright in there also. I flipped on the light and located my PJ's. Now dressed I headed back into the rest of the house and started turning on lights. The doors were bolted, the windows intact. I got into the second bedroom and discovered that the picture I had hung in there the day before had come loose of its moorings and the glass was laying in about 300 pieces on the tile floor. What a relief! mystery solved. Oddly enough I wasn't really afraid, I think that if someone had to deal with me they would have been more scared than I was. I went back to bed and promptly finished my sleep....and now you know the rest of the story.

No comments: