So, today I met with the architect and this is what he has come up with to lower the house, as per our discussions. There are steps recessed into the foyer and steps down onto the patio. The garage is lowered a meter. Overall I like the look better even than the original plan. The 'tower' at the front has been lowered about 5 feet since, now that the garage is lower, it was higher than it needed to be. Like I said before the only drawback is that we lost the deck from the bonus room, but we have tried to compensate with a balcony over the garage doors. The little V things at the back steps off the patio are planters which will have a rock face on the steps side. That was his design and I thought it was a good one.
He tells me about 3 weeks to have a complete set of drawings. I asked if those were Canadian weeks or Panamainan weeks. I explained that Canadian weeks have 7 days and Panamainan weeks have 21 days. He laughed and assured me that they were Canadian weeks. We will see....Rose
1 comment:
Looks great. Is that a powder room from the outside by the master bedroom?
Post a Comment