
OK it wasn't really a hurricane but I haven't figured out why it is that since I have come here they have had 1) an earthquake that shocked and frightened even the Panamanians, 2) floods that were the worst in recent history and now 3) a three day windstorm packing hurricane force gusts that toppled trees, many signs and had roads temporarily closed until the fallen trees were cleared. The locals say they have never had winds this strong. It is apparently related to a hurricane somewhere in the Caribbean. Although I didn't get a picture of it we saw a tree down in Volcan that had taken the entire sidewalk with it. Up in Sortova where the house is it was not windy but it seems that it was windy almost everywhere else. The wind blew off and on for 3 days and was particularily bad here in David. All of these pictures were taken out by Costco on the edge of town. I guess that they have just been saving the best for me. I hope I am 3 times lucky and that nature can quit now, I think I have seen enough....
No comments:
Post a Comment