
Our friend Jack Bales invited us up to Caldera to a lovely restaurant way up in the hills. The private road is so steep and the curves so sharp that there are mirrors installed along the roadway so that you can see if there is something coming around the bend. You can see one of the mirrors in this picture, it is the multicolored dot near the top of what you can see of the road. The views of the mountains are breathtaking on a day like today.

I stood as deep as I could in the infinity pool without getting my clothes wet. If you enlarge this picture you will see that I am flinging water. I look like I just won a gold medal in some swimming competition.

Here is the lovely couple looking just a bit windblown (at least I am) sitting outside the restaurant on the terrace. The day was lovely and
unbeknownst to us we were getting sunburned from the reflection off of the pool.
Here is a picture of our friend Jack on the right with his friend Jeff on the left. We think that they look a bit like the odd couple. Jack is the reason we are here and it is Jack's wife who died shortly after we were here 2 years ago. Jack is now 83 years old and a bit crusty, or at least he likes to pretend he is. He treated us to dinner for our anniversary - so sweet of him. We sat here for 3 1/2 hours and only left because we had business to attend to. This is a lovely place to spend a day.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversay Rosalie and Harry!
Post a Comment