Saturday, February 28, 2009

Progress on the Garage





So, I am back from my 10 day stint in Florida. We had a wonderful time with our kind and gracious hosts. Sue took me shopping almost every day until I had visited every Bealls outlet, thrift store and antique mall within a 50 mile radius. I have to say I wasn't shopped out but I was running out of money. Obama should thank me for doing my part to bolster their sagging economy.
The house doesn't look dramatically different but it is getting those finishing touches done. The garage is finally coming together with the repayo almost complete and the roof and eves finished. All of this work is very tedious and takes a long time. The flower beds by the back step are done and the counter tops are largely poured inside. I will post pictures of them tomorrow. Double clicking on some of these gives a good view of the flower beds incase you wonder what I am talking about. I am going to start on Monday getting some quotes for the security steel for the openings. It is good to be back, Florida was cold. Poor Harry had to go back to -26 in Calgary, yikes!!!

1 comment:

Laura Jean said...

My whirlwind visit this weekend was great - leave tomorrow for the next stage (5 more weeks and my part for the study is done - hard to believe 5 weeks has passed by already). Glad you had a great time in Florida. Got to finish packing. Looking swapping stories. Take care - Laura Jean