Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Front Entrance and Kitchen

Continuing from the last batch of pictures, this one and the one below show the living room. The ceiling has 3 levels. On the lower level you will notice that there is a gap between it and the next level above. That is because there will be 10 florescent lights installed in there. 3 on each side and 2 on each end. When these lights are on they will illuminate the level above and that will be reflected down into the living room for a soft indirect light that wont attract the bugs into the house. They will all gravitate to the enclosed space above and I am sure once a year will need to be vacuumed out.
The pictures above and below show the wall in the living room looks into the kitchen. You can see the end of the Island in the lower picture. The sink looks through the opening so that I can watch TV as I slave. There are 2 little lights above in the arch and there will be a little overhang of granite into the living room when it is installed. I may or may not put a couple of stools there depending on whether or not I feel the need.
Lastly this is shot of the kitchen looking into the living room. The island got constructed while I was there but you can see the plumbing for the vegetable sink on it sticking up through the floor. The fridge will go into the opening on the right at the end of the counter. The counters are constructed of concrete but when they are finished with the granite and cabinets they will look like any other N.American kitchen.

1 comment:

Laura Jean said...

Hi Rosalie - your home is looking so beautiful - the steel workmanship is awesome. You must be so excited seeing it going from the blueprints to the actual structure. My last reno - backyard is just getting started - put some beginning photos thus far. Hoping by the end of September (not a bad b-day present for myself - lol). Take care - say hi to Harry. Love ya LJ