
The grass along the front of the development, the part that boarders the main road, had grown completely out of hand. The developers were supposed to be paying the '
gardener' to keep it cleaned up but the poor guy need to work full time not 2 days a week to keep this place up. I finally paid him for 6 days out of my own pocket to machete the grass along this roadway. Above is the grass before he got to it and below the same area after.


It is really amazing to watch these guys go after the grass with a machete. They have a curved hook in one hand that they grab a hunk of
vegetation with and then they swing the other with the machete. They are like machines when they get going. It is hard work but they are strong and used to it. Note how tall the grass is relative to the man. This man is
Hormelius, my night watchman. I think the reason he has to sleep while he watches my house is because he is exhausted from working like this all day. The days he was doing this he was not actually working for me, those were the days that I didn't need him because I was at the house.
2 comments:
Wow, that poor bugger, bet there are snakes in there! He earns his $$
He hadn't seen one to this point but maybe they just all left when he showed up...Rose
Post a Comment