Friday, September 4, 2009

Finally I am Home and Can Post Some Pictures

This is the front steel door with the lamps in place. Ivan my steel man has done an amazing job. Below is a closeup of the upper portion. Everything is bent by hand on an old tire rim. The tubes are 3/8" steel and he bends them by hand without heat. It is very difficult to bend two corresponding arcs that fit one inside the other so I am totally in awe of his skills. The design below was laying on his work bench and just looked like a bunch of looped steel. Then he started assembling them together and I was amazed at the result (below).

Upon entering the front steel door you find yourself in the portico. This area is still 'outside' but the drywaller created a beautiful dome. There will be a light inside that dome that will be visible from the outside throught the steel doors. There will be a wooden door behind filling up the arch on the right.
Once inside the house there is another light fixture. The glass shades are missing right now so as not to collect drywall dust. You can see the arch and the ceiling in the living room in this picture.
On either side of the main entrance are arches and a matching hanging light fixture. This view is looking into the main bath so that door will have to be kept for the most part closed.
Finally I am home and can post some pictures to my blog. As I said in my last post I went to Panama with Linda a lady who owns a lot in the same development. We got to know each other really well and had a great time. I hope that she is able to build her house sooner than later. It was great having company out there because I would have been lonely by myself. I had no internet to entertain me but we did have a TV and DVD player so we watched movies at night. We got used to staying alone and dismissed the night watchman for the last 3 nights. I went downstairs the 3rd night and he was having a nap in the garage so I thought there was no point in paying him to sleep. The house will be closed and locked up from now on so he will be outside and not so comfortable. Anyhow for the next week or so I will post the latest pictures of the house. Thanks for being patient....luego

No comments: