Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pillar Tops





I wondered how they planned to do the toppers for the pillars. Now I know. They first buy the pieces precast in 2 pieces. Then they cut them to fit. Then using a piece of rebar they cement them into place. The rebar acts as a clamp and applies a fair amount of pressure. In the end it will all be patched and smoothed and sanded until it looks like they were custom done. I can tell you I will never waste money on a clamp again unless it one that is required to apply pressure.

1 comment:

Laura Jean said...

Have you had your first meal outdoors from your outdoor kitchen? How cool is that!! BTW - of course - once we are all back in Calgary - I will have you and Harry over to show off John P and Jon J's hard work. New paint and the new fireplace are awesome. See you in April.