Monday, December 12, 2011
Dia del Madre - 2011
December 8, Harry's birthday but here it is Mother's Day or Dia del Madre. Like I said last year everybody that was ever a mother gets gifts and this year was no exception. I was laying in bed dreading no sooner getting up than having Hormelius's family land on my doorstep bearing gifts that I don't really need. At about 8:00 I cranked my butt out of bed and got dressed. At about 8:15 I opened the bedroom door only to find them already there waiting for me. Mercifully this year they only had a few rather nice gifts of 4 teacups and saucers with a little tray and a tea towel. Again they were so cute. Little Hormelius had bought me a poinsetta which Jeffery tells me cost $10, bless his heart he worked 10 long hours for me to buy that plant. Porfirio the little boy had made the card in kindergarten. Either they really do love me or they figure there is something to be gained by being nice to me. 


This gift however was the best of all. Jeffery on the right, my favorite (he is a cousin), had been so excited about the gift that he had for me. His mother had made me a pencil holder he told me 3 days earlier. He explained it as having a big one and a small one. I was hoping for the small one. The day before Mother's Day he told me about it again and wondered if I would like to have it right now, it was burning a hole in his pocket. I told him no, I would wait. He proudly presented it and I will surely use it until the day I die. He apologized for not having my name on it as his mother didn't know how to spell it but look at it, is that not just the cutest thing...Happy Day Mother. He is so sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, that is lovely and will surely brighten your office. How sweet of them to include you in their family.
Oh, and Happy Birthday, Harry!
Post a Comment