While in Casco Veijo we came across the Museum of Emeralds and went in for the tour.
It was really quite interesting with an explaination of how emeralds are mined, dioramas, replicas of expensive emeralds, including Cleopatra's and at the end a little mine that we could enter and see the 'men' at work.
Of course like all good Museums it ended in the gift shop. The emeralds are all from Columbia and are owned by the same people that mine and sell the emeralds in Columbia. We were in their shop in Cartgena with Lola on our first cruise. This time I was with Mr. Money bags (oops did I say that?) I mean my dear sweet husband, who decided that he wanted to invest. Since I lost the diamond out of my wedding ring several years ago he bought me an emerald to replace it with. Wow! sure glad I brought him along.
No comments:
Post a Comment