Sunday, June 14, 2009

Can You Spot the Lizard?

Check it out, can you spot the lizard in this picture. Get your glasses checked if you are having trouble, or better yet, double click it to make it bigger. I came around the corner of the garage and this little guy scampered off of the sidewalk and crawled up onto these plants. Honestly, if I hadn't seen him do it I would NEVER have spotted him he is so well camoflaged. He was only about 2 and 1/2 inches long but his tail was about 9 inches. I didn't have my camera with me so I told him to wait there until I got back. Then I sauntered off to get it because I thought for sure he would be gone. Well, what do you know, he listened better than my kids. He was waiting for me in exactly the same spot when I got back. He hadn't move a hair, oops I mean a scale.
OK, here he is he turned his head so you can see his eye. I kept taking more and more pictures and double checking my focusing because he was zoomed up and I couldn't actually see him in the view finder.

Then about 5 minutes later, I stumbled across another one. This one was bigger, about 5 inches long with about a 16 inch tail. I couldn't get all of the tail in, it was like a whip. They really are very cute. As you can see in the first picture he is giving me the evil eye.

No comments: