I drove out to check on progress today. They are cementing the ditches in front of my place and tomorrow the water should be turned on. The man from IDAAN came out to check that we were in fact in need of water. At the site he informed me that it would cost $200 for a meter, but that over time I would get my money back on my bill in the form of a credit. By the time we got into his office to fill out the paperwork, it was down to $80 today and $35 when the water was on. I paid the $80 but thought it is strange how quickly things can change here.
The timing for the water is good as they will be ready to start pouring footings tomorrow. I will be happy when the footings are in as the pillar holes keep filling up with water and they don't drain as the water table is high.
As I was leaving I noticed that there were many birds hanging out around the entrance which is near my house. I stopped the truck and watched. There was a little stream flowing down the ditch and the birds from the bushes across the road were having a ball bathing in it. I have included pictures of as many varieties as I could get on film but they were very beautiful and so-o-o-o cute! Make sure you double click the pictures to make them big because the birds look ever so much better. I watched them for at least a half hour and there was no end of action in the stream. Flowers, birds and butterflies make me happy, I am happy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment