So, at last I have returned, at least for another month. My friend Carmello who has bought a lot near us came with me and is my house guest for the week. I am sure my landlady thinks I am stepping out on Harry!
We drove out to check the building site today after meeting with the architect about Carmello's plans. Progress has been slow as it apparently rained most of last week. The upside of that is that it made the dirt softer and easier for the men to dig. It was discovered when the well was dug that there is 6 feet of topsoil here so that should mean that we can grow some pretty amazing things. I am posting some pictures for your viewing pleasure. As you can see we now have trenches for the footings. They were dug by hand because the digging was easy and could be done more precisely. The men are just finishing up here today. So we offically have a casita (fancy name for a storage shed), a pile of bricks, a pile of sand and one of gravel. Wow! talk about progress, not bad for 6 weeks. At this rate, they should be finished by say maybe 2012. Tomorrow they are bringing in the steel which has already been formed. I am looking forward to seeing something in the ground.
Upon leaving one of the men working elsewhere on the site came over and handed us 5 avacados that he had picked off of a tree somewhere. It was a very sweet jesture. He was a little old guy skinny as a rake with about 3 teeth in his smile but he smiled a lot.
Today was the coolest day I have experienced here ever. It was cloudy all day but didn't rain. With all the rain of course it is very humid. We feel it more in the evening than in the morning. I found today to be very pleasant. Maybe I'll have to move here for the rainy season....Later
1 comment:
Howdy from the north. Glad that you arrived safe. This is going to be the fun part - scrapbooking the progress of the build. In a couple of weeks my garage build will begin. It should be done way before 2012!! (HAHAHA) - they said it will take a month or so. It will be so nice to park my car in the garage at the end of the year!! We had Sierra's birthday party (she turned 7) - so I have added new photos of Casendra too. I get some holding time with her. I love when she curls up and falls asleep while holding her. Enjoy your time - look forward seeing your build. Take care. Laura Jean
Post a Comment