Another beautiful day today. Carmelo and I took a drive up to Cerro Punta. He declared that he now understood why we had fallen in love with this country. I got adventurous and took another road past Volcan and the vistas were enough to take your breath away. We got turned back by an accident around the corner of the road.
We stopped by the building site to check progress and I was delighted to see that we now have steel in the ground. The night watchman starts tonight. Ivan bought more bricks and cement as the cost of cement has just gone up. He had an insider call him and bought as many bags as he could fit in the casita. Then he bought the bricks on the assumption that if the cost of concrete was going up the cost of the bricks would soon follow. I love Ivan, he is so on top of things. It was pretty hot out at the building site today as the sun was shining. It was cloudy and cooler up on top of the volcano.
We stopped by and bought some cigars for Carmelo to sample so tomorrow he will buy more of the ones he likes. We were not eyed with so much suspicion this time. Tomorrow we go to Boquete....later
No comments:
Post a Comment