Sunday, June 8, 2008

In The Trenches




Just another day and a bit more progress. The men look like they are really in the trenches in these pictures. Yesterday was Carmelo's last day here so we went up to Boquete. Ivan recommended a restaurant that turned out to have the best food that we have eaten here so far. Then we decided to treat ourselves to a massage. Carmelo figured his lady was the best masseuse he had ever had (not to mention she was divorced and about 50 years old!). I took him to Valle Escondito and he was smitten. He has had a great time.

Last night we went for a walk and then planned to watch a movie. When we got back at about 7:30 there was a party getting underway across the street. The music was so loud that our living room was vibrating and we couldn't hear our movie. We went over twice and asked them to turn it down. They did for about 5 minutes and then it went up again. They showed us their permit that allowed them to party from 7 - 3 AM. Ther permit was issued by the noise bylaw officer, and apparently all the neighbors agreed that it was OK with them. I probably would have also not knowing what I was going to be subjected to! We finally decided that it was probably only going to get worse as the night progressed so we packed our bags and got a hotel room. Thank goodess that I get the prefered customer rate at the Puerta del Sol so the rooms were only $25. My blood pressure dropped as I drove away. Honestly, I can't for the life of me understand why they need the music so loud that you can't hear someone talking who is standing next to you. Guess if I don't like it I can leave!! I'm glad that they won't be my neighbours at my next place.

We both had a decent sleep and I got Carmelo to his plane in the morning. Now I am alone again, yikes! It was great to have the company....Rose

2 comments:

Laura Jean said...

Never heard of such a permit. Glad that you had a good room in the mean time.

BTW - don't know when you are coming back. If you find yourself in Calgary on June 20th around 7pm - I am having a candle party at my house - you are more than welcome to come. Have a good day. Laura

Rose & Harry said...

Go figure eh! Sorry I'll have to miss it I won't be back until the 30th...Rose