It turns out that our water problem yesterday is not exclusive to our development, but rather a bigger problem. I am not sure what happened as I have had 2 stories, #1 that the pump got silted up from the rain and #2 that there is a line broken somewhere. All of the locals have been out of water (with no notice) for 2 days. Some are lucky enough to have a well and others I guess have to go to the neighbours well. That explains why we are putting in a reserve tank with a pressure pump and the well as a backup. Hopefully they will have water tomorrow.
Today when I got there they were putting up the first of the bricks in the lowest end of the house. That is to keep the water from running into the low spots and washing dirt over the footings. This way if the dirt washes in it becomes backfill. It rained heavily last night up there, but not here in David though. The pictures were taken yesterday and today so some are of footings and some are of walls. I am very excited to have walls, even if they are only walls for the foundation....progress!
1 comment:
Now is the fun part - seeing your ideas and plans you had on paper now are becoming 3-D. Rain has FINALLY stopped - so my garage build should start next week - I am getting a 20x20 2-car garage put in. Next year, I will do the remainder of the backyard and sides of the house. The big stuff will be out of the way!! Have a good weekend. Take care LJ
Post a Comment